Create capacity on the TFR Coal Line and unblock the bottleneck created by the existing single tunnel.
Feasibility (FEL 3) > Detailed Design (FEL 4) on OHTE, Signalling, Telecommunications and Condition Assessment Systems.
Design and Provide OHTE and Signalling Infrastructure for a new 4km double track tunnel.
Technical Areas (R&H)
- Space-proofing (with tunnel designer)
- Purpose designed, maintenance friendly OHTE tunnel attachments / fittings and OHTE layout in adjacent section
- Alternative OHTE wires (Cu Mg Contact), Switching protocol versatility of OHTE circuits
- Extend existing signaling system to include the new double tunnel and associated track
- Spoorplan Mk 1b interlocking with CS90 remote control and VDU display
- Extend GSM Train Radio coverage through the new tunnel
- Re-design / modify Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) back bone to include services for new tunnel
- Additional / enhanced Condition Assessment Systems for the protection of the new tunnel