Replacement of the existing signalling system at various stations within the Durban area to increase the line capacity while also enhancing the safety and reliability of the commuter train service.
The project scope also included several track layout changes, the relevant OHTE changes and new power supply, at various stations to improve the operational flexibility.
The consolidation of the control of the entire rail network in the Durban area into one Centralised Traffic Control Centre (CTC) at Rossburgh.
- Analyses and condition assessment of the current Traction system
- Surveying and geotechnical investigation
- Concept and detail design for all disciplines (Track, OHTE, EL&P, Telecommunications, Signalling and Civils)
- Signalling Detail Design checking and verification to requirements
- Construction management (R&H lead) and construction monitoring of all works
- Final Commissioning and handover of all works
- Preparation and checking of all as-built drawing
Infrastructure design for multiple phases; Monitor and commission modifications for multiple phases: Project terminated after Phase 1 commissioning.