Our Maintenance Division is currently managing over 715 km of private sidings within the boundaries of Southern Africa which collectively carry more than 70 million tons of cargo per annum. The involvement varies from quarterly routine rail and rolling stock condition inspections, to fulltime management of rail infrastructure maintenance contracts.
Maintenance is not offered only as a support service to existing infrastructure owners but also forms an integral part of the infrastructure design development and operational planning process. To this extent we provide the necessary inputs into the planning and design process to efficiently incorporate maintenance requirements, which facilitate the development of long term maintenance and reinstatement strategies. Both capital and operational costs are calculated as part of feasibility and operating budgets.
Services offered include condition assessments and review, determining maintenance strategies, the procurement and management of resources required to maintain the rail infrastructure and rolling stock, and liaising, on behalf of our clients with Transnet, PRASA and the Rail Safety Regulator (RSR).
To deliver a value adding, professional service to the rail operator or infrastructure owner, we offer a structured approach to management of the maintenance activities of the entire railway system.
- Operate Road Rail Assessor, Moderator & Facilitator
- Vehicles & Associated Hydraulic Equipment Training
This approach can easily be adopted and altered to suite specific client operating and / or infrastructure requirements:
- Infrastructure Condition Assessment
- Safety inspection and quality inspections
- Emergency callouts and assisting with derailment and breakdowns
- Rail accident and incident investigations
- Liaison with other stakeholders and relevant authorities
- Contract and contractor management
- Client feedback
- Engineering investigations and design