At R&H, we understand that the electrical infrastructure within railway projects forms an integral part of the multidisciplinary rail solution.
Our approach is to ensure a cost efficient and appropriate result that meets client and technical requirements at all times. We achieve this through combining client’s needs, technical standards, engineering technology, logistic constraints and operational performance into a balanced integrated system.
This holistic approach requires our electrical design team to integrate with multidisciplinary teams throughout the project phases, ensuring that the optimum solution benefits the overall project infrastructure requirements and long term operational benefits.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Overhead Traction Equipment
- Traction Substation & Power Supply
- Rail Area Lighting
The scope of our electrical rail infrastructure services extends from concept studies through feasibility phases to implementation design, management and project close-out. We offer support services to Operational Planning, Maintenance Management and Training including:
- Analysis of existing railway systems (brownfields)
- Analysis of geographic conditions (greenfields)
- Feasibility analysis and costing
- Cost efficient solutions for expected asset life-cycles, purpose and condition