To increase rail exports to beyond 6Mtpa as well as to comply with the expanded rail service requirement (200 wagon trains) proposed by Transnet Freight Rail.
Conduct a FEL3 level study to design the remodelling of the existing rail yard to meet the longer train length and improve rail operations to allow for the expanded export volumes.
- Compete detailed operational plan including migration from current to future
- Design yard modifications to complement the operational plan
- Undertake the detailed engineering (Civil & Perway , OHTE & Lighting, Train Control)
- Prepare the technical specifications for the work
- Prepare and quantify the work
- Prepare stage working drawings detailing the proposed construction sequencing
- Prepare documentation to allow contractor engagement to obtain pricing to suitable accuracy levels
- Closeout final design and report in conjunction with Client and allied work streams
- Client project team involving multiple discipline areas
- Mine personnel – Rail Operations, Engineering, Materials Handling
- Allied work streams for associated materials handling (Silo & Conveyor design)
- Transnet Freight Rail (Engineering & Operations)