Replacement of the existing signalling system at various stations within the Durban area to increase the line capacity but also enhance the safety and reliability of the commuter train service.
The project scope also includes several layout changes, which involve permanent way and OHTE changes, to various stations to improve the operational flexibility.
The consolidation of the control of the entire rail network in the Durban area into one Centralised Traffic Control Centre (CTC) at Rossburgh.
- Analyses and condition assessment of the current Traction system
- Surveying and geotechnical investigation
- Concept and detail design for all disciplines
- Design checking and verification to requirements
- Construction management (R&H lead) and construction monitoring of all works
- Final Commissioning and handover of all works
- Preparation and checking of all as-built drawing
Project currently in design phase; Some minor track layout changes have been implemented on the existing rail network.